Home-Start South Suffolk & District offers one to one, personalised support for parents with young children who are going through difficult times.
Our aim is to prevent the development of family crises and breakdown.
We provide support in two ways:
- Home visits, by our trained volunteers.
- Family Groups, run by our trained staff and volunteers, where parents can meet with those of other young children.
South Suffolk MP James Cartlidge supports Home Start South Suffolk.
“As a parent, and in my regular contact with families in South Suffolk in my role as an MP, I am only too aware of the challenges in bringing up young children.
Often outside support can help families overcome difficulties and in some cases prevent family breakdown. This is where Home Start comes in.
Offering non–judgemental, practical and emotional support to help build the family’s confidence and ability to cope, Home Start plays an important role in our community and I am delighted to support the work that they do.”
Community Action Suffolk
Home-Start South Suffolk & District is a member of the Community Action Suffolk group of charities and support organisations. You can find them here on the web.
How you can help:
- Become a Volunteer. We are always looking for family supporters click here for details.
- Give a donation. Click here for more information.
- Run a fund-raising event. Home-Start South Suffolk & District has a dedicated fund-raising team able to help with your event. Contact us at the link on the left and we'll take it from there.
- Charity of the Year
If your company has a Charity of the Year, please consider nominating us. Nominating Home-Start South Suffolk & District as your Charity of the Year is a great way for your whole company to come together and work towards raising money for an organisation that works with families with young children living in the South Suffolk & District area who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. We have an experienced, committed team that will support you at every step to make the most of the partnership.
- Sponsor an event or part of an event.
- Charitable trusts and individual givers - we have a dedicated professional able to work with you. Please contact us.